MADISON COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT
The Madison County Common Pleas Court Juvenile Division is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Deputy Clerk. The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
Preparation of subpoenas.
Processing of record check requests.
Initial set up of adult cases.(Establish computer file, docketing and scanning of filings, setting up folders)
Initial set up of unruly/delinquency cases.(Establish computer file, docketing and scanning of complaint and attachments, setting up folders, typing forms needed, i.e. DYS face sheets, information sheets, probation forms, and entries)
Processing entries after unruly/delinquency hearings.
File stamp and docket incoming pleadings
Setting up traffic cases in computer system
Processing payments of deposits, court costs, and restitution for cases in computer system
Processing traffic diversions and out-of-state traffic diversions
Processing BMV reports in traffic cases
Filing of updates for juvenile court’s library
Processing incoming and outgoing mail
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a legal assistant/secretary
· Knowledge of the criminal justice system, courts, laws, and operations.
· Ability to make critical decisions in order to meet the Court’s mission.
· Knowledge of common office practices, procedures and equipment.
· Proficiency in operating a personal computer and using, or being able to learn, Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel and the Court’s case management system.
· Good time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Ability to prioritize work, work independently without daily supervision, perform a variety of duties, and manage a variety of projects simultaneously in a high pressure atmosphere under sometimes severe time constraints.
· Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing to diverse audiences.
· Pleasant personality; ability to interact and maintain effective working relationships with Judges, other elected officials, employees, law enforcement officers, lawyers and others conducting business with the Court.
· Conscious of and sensitive to the diversity within the Court’s jurisdiction and ability to interact professionally with this diverse population of people from many different geographic, socioeconomic, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds on a regular basis.
- Pass security and background check as well as pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, respond to questions from Court personnel.
- Ability to work and communicate with Drug and Mental Health treatment community.
- Ability to work and communicate with schools districts, administrators, teachers, counselors, and other employees.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The salary for this position shall be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Submit resume with cover letter describing how you meet the required experience and education for this position by August 24, 2018 no later than 4:00 P.M. via email to email@example.com, or by mail to the Madison County Common Pleas Court Juvenile Division, 1 N. Main Street, Room 205, London, Ohio 43140.